My View From The Litter Box

My View From The Litter Box
Cats pets humor

Friday, December 22, 2006

Thanks but no thanks Catster!
IN THIER LETTER OOOH IN THIER LETTER!!!
sung to the tune, in your letter. by REO speedwagon! I know my owners are old for some. Anyways, let us start this blog off with a email my owners recieved yet again from those profesionals over on www.catster.com.
Lee,Sorry to be so long getting back to you. It's the holiday crunch time and all.
Anyway, Randi and I discussed the situation yesterday and determined that Murphy's page had been flagged by a user who not only read the page, but took the time to back read the diary to the entry where you copied the e-mail correspondence we exchanged (and you copied into the diary) about the last flagging.
In that exchange we gave examples of the language.Well, we unkenneled the page and contacted the well-meaning member to ask them to relax a bit and give folks some breathing room.
Randi also gave the person a time out from being able to kennel pages.Randi and I also discussed the experiment of your disclaimer and we think it actually contributed to the problem.
Much like how those TV disclaimers "This program may not be suitable, etc." actually drive ratings up for all age levels, your disclaimer was part of what drew the attention of our well-meaning Catster.
If you recall, I wasn't very optimistic that the disclaimer would work:This is not to say that your experiment (it can only be called an experimentsince I know of no other pet page with such a disclaimer) is not worth trying.I'm just not very confident the approach will work in our community. [Wed, 15 Nov 2006 18:10:54 -0500]
Randi and I would suggest that you remove the disclaimer. Of course, it's totally up to you, but we think the disclaimer has proven to be counter productive.
While we can't promise Murphy's page won't get kenneled, we don't think it is as likely to happen since you took the heavy duty stuff to MySpace. As I reviewed Murphy's page and diary to find the problem (and it took me forever to get to the problem entry), I noted that you have indeed altered your posting style.
You're still "edgy" and sarcastic, but you have dropped the courser language and we appreciate you doing so.As a way of making all of this inconvenience up to you, we added some zealies and rosettes to your account. We appreciate your patience and we're glad you chose Catster as an online home for Murphy.We hope you and Murphy and your other furrbabies have a Meowvelous Holiday Season!Meow!-john d.--catster community watch cat-----------------------------------------------------------------------------Dogster & Catster: where no one knows you're a humandogster.com / catster.com
Remember those odds i gave ya last night folks about it somehow being my owners fault? well looks like i was right. My owners loved the discription of me, , ´´sarcastic and edgy´´! Well so was garfeild but i dont recall any syndicated newspaper removing his comic strip due to someone taking offence! OH and note that the profesionals typed i use myspace. WTF? dont they ever read emails in thier intire or just skip thru em? ATTENTION PPL! if anyone reading this thinks they are on the webpage myspace, please leave now , thank you!
As for all this little misunderstanding, the profesionals over at www.catster.com gave me a shit load of zealies and rosettes!
Shit folks i dont even use catster anymore. Thats like given someone who lost a leg a pair shin guards! DUH! Anyways , my owners typed em back a letter of which they informed those folks that i dont use myspace nor will i remove my disclaimer from the old non used catster page. It will stay up and if this crap happens again, pfffft! Let them mess with it and keep having to respond to my owners emails . Yanno what they say, any publicity is good ! ;)~ oh heres the link for my non used catster page,http://www.catster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=72606
Hit that link and see what lurks beneath the deep! Imagine being out swiming in the ocean and see this thing come at you! Plus imagine all that calamari!!! its enough to feed a party of 200. Not that i care for that stuff. It makes squeeky noises on my teeth when i chew it.
Other news to link ya up with this eveing.
For those just to damn lazy to study harder and get better grades, heres a idea to try! http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/011674.php. Why its now the latest fad to go out and hire hackers to hack into your schools comps and fuck around with your grades. A is for asshole and B is for Busted! Now the C , well thats for contempt this little punk has for the rest of the humans who had to bust thier ass to get good grades! But due to his repentance, its doubtful he will see any jail time. yanno the routine folks.
NO SHIT SHERLOCK!!!!!!!! About the only ppl who still view Bush as anything worthy, are those top 1% who make over 10 million + a yr. Oh and of course the boys over at big oil and the now dead enron. Yanno , as a cat it still amazes me that there were those that actually voted for this man. twice!
Finaly for the motherload of reading to do via blogs, heres a link for ya, http://journals.democraticunderground.com/BlogBox/39
I suggest one gathers thier favorite beverage and some snacks prior to this sit down and the constant saying of OMG!!!!!!!!!!
Oh and for someone looking for that little keepsake to pass down to family members or just perhaps a good luck charm to wear with a chain, heres a articule my owners found thats got everyone muttering the words,, ´´huh´´?
Not only cant he board any airlines, he will also set off many handheld scanning devices at concerts , bball games etc.
FUNNIES!
Dudes a bit wacked but some of em are great!
DMV LICENSE,, only in virgina folks !
At last but not least, how NOT to make small talk at walmarts while in the checkout lane!
I have 2 dogs & I was buying a large bag of Purina atWal-Mart and was in line to check out.
A woman behind me asked if I had a dog. On impulse, I told her that no, I was starting The PurinaDiet again, although Iprobably shouldn't because I'd ended up in the hospital last time, but that I'd lost 50 pounds before I awakened in an intensive care ward with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms.
I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and that the way that itworks is to load your pants pockets with Purina nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry & that the food is nutritionally complete so I was going to try it again.
I have to mention here that practically everyone in the line was by now enthralled with my story, particularly a guy who was behind her.
Horrified, she asked if I'd ended up in the hospital in that condition because I had been poisoned. I told her no; it was because I'd been sitting in the street licking my balls and a car hit me. I thought one guy was going to have a heart attack he was laughing so hard as he staggered out the door.
Stupid lady...why else would I buy dog food??
Well folks thats my blog for this eveing! Thanks for stoping on by and checking it out, or not. Dont forget, Cains Weekend Editon, starts tomorow. Take care folks and i´ll talk to you again come monday. From me, please all have a merry christmas !
WORDS OF WISDOM,,,,,,,,,Vigilando, agendo, bene consulendo, prospera omnia cedunt - By watching, by doing, by counsulting well, these things yield all things prosperous. (Sallust).
CIAO!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: